Re: open office 3.0

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> William Biggs <kc8pdr <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I would like to know how to upgrade from open office 2.4 to 3.0
>>

> Wait for Fedora 10, it will include 3.0.
>
> If you really can't wait, you can try the binaries from the upstream
> OpenOffice.org project, but as they say: your mileage may vary. (They are
> certainly less tested than the Fedora packages.)

What leads you to make the claim about "less tested"?

I use nothing but the official OpenOffice install on my RHEL, Fedora,
and Suse systems and never had a problem.  I've also participated in the
OpenOffice beta program and suspect a few others have done the same.
So, where did you come by the "less tested" info?

Or are you talking only about the install process?

--
"I prefer the blunted cudgels of the followers of the Serpent God." --
Sean Doran the Younger