Re: What are your unsatisfied NetworkManager use cases?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> Many people seem to have different issues with NetworkManager. I would
> like to attempt to assist with the progress of NetworkManager by
> collecting use cases which it does not cover at all or properly.
>
> So please reply with a use case that you have that is not covered, I
> will attempt to collect clarify and log them on the wiki (just
> reactivated my account).
>
> For my sake please do one use case per email.

I like to use a caching nameserver (currently dnsmasq, formerly bind), as it speeds up my internet tremendously. With NM, this is tedious and essentially, the only way I have found to date is to let NM start up the network and after fully loaded and logged in, I have to start dnsmasq manually. Formerly, with the old network daemon, I had it all configured and the whole thing came up completely done after boot without any intervention on my part.