Re: quickest solution to a DVD player on f9 on a WUXGA laptop?

Quoting Mark Haney <mhaney ercbroadband org>:

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
 on very short notice, i've been asked to put f9 on
my old dell inspiron WUXGA 9200, and install a DVD player
to drive a WUXGA projector just to test the video.  so,
what's the quickest/fastest solution, after i install
stock f9, to get a DVD player that will play in fullscreen
just to test the video quality?

 my first guess is VLC from livna, but i'm open to
anything that's even simpler.  i don't need fancy controls
or anything, i just need to be able to drive a full WUXGA
signal out to an external video sink to see the results.
thanks.

rday

As much as I like VLC, I love Goggles.  It is simple and works great
with DVDs.

  huh ... never heard of it.  i found RPMs for FC6 here:

http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/apt/fedora/6/en/i386/RPMS.voidmain/

do you know that those will work with f9?  laptop is installing
as we speak.

rday