Re: Retrieve F9 startup log after boot

> > followed by status ([invariably [OK] ). But in the middle
> > are ocasionally error messages (eg from privoxy ) which
> > scroll by so fast that I am unable to read them.
> >
> > Is there any way to view the startup log as either a
> > normal user or as root to see the error messages?
> ----
> the entire boot sequence is logged in /var/log/messages (root only
> access)
>
> Craig

You can also do the same thing using the command "dmesg" which logs the entire boot process.
/var/log/messages is constantly changing and depending on when your system was booted,
the messages file could have been rolled over --- daily cron job...

--
Ed Gurski

Linux User
# 458454  http://counter.li.org