Wireless communications.

Hi all,
I just started using Fedora / linux and I am having an issue with wireless communication. I installed Fedora 8 on my laptop; I have installed all of the updates available to this point. I am using an old Dell Latitude Laptop with a cisco systems wireless card. It works fine with widows it just doesn't seem to want to connect when I log into Fedora. I am probably missing something but I don't know what it is. The error that I am getting when I try to activate the card is that it is an invalid argument (8b06). One of the things that I am not sure about is how do I choose the type of wireless security I am using? The cables side of the network system works fine.

I am very familiar with wireless communications and I am pretty knowledgeable about the windows software but any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Marcum