dual - head extended desktop

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Oct 24 15:43:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 04:26:44PM +0200, Peter Boy wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 24.10.2008, 16:15 +0200 schrieb David Hláčik:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > It is possible in Fedora 9 with ATI drivers to extend desktop to two
> > monitor so i will have a big desktop and i can move windows from one
> > monitor to second with having on each monitor different resolution?
>
> If you graphics hardware supports it is ist possible
> >
> > So far it was not working for me.
>
> Some threads back I posted my xorg.conf which is exactly doing what you
> want
>
> Peter

Funny, I had just tripped over this article:

http://www.jejik.com/articles/2008/10/setting_up_dual_monitors_system-wide_with_xrandr_on_debian_lenny/

for doing that on Debian. Dunno if it's exactly the same for Fedora, but it might get you
started along the right path.

                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked