Re: KDE4 auto-hiding of panel

--- On Sat, 10/25/08, Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:

> From: Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu>
> Subject: Re: KDE4 auto-hiding of panel
> To: fedora-list redhat com
> Date: Saturday, October 25, 2008, 5:19 PM
> Fred Silsbee wrote:
>
> > There were issues in the last "auto hiding"
> KDE
>
> the last?  Meaning what?  kde3?
>
> -- Rex

Under F8 KDE 3, I had problems with auto hide

If I specified 2 seconds or less delay time, often the panel would stay in the hidden state no matter what I did with the mouse.

The only way I could fix the problem was to log out/log in and snatch the panel while the login was in progress so I could increase the delay.