Re: VDQ : rhgb, plymouth -- and mkinitrd

Beartooth wrote:
It seems rhgb (which I have always detested, and routinely removed from all machines) is to be replaced by plymouth -- which hides not only the boot messages I want to watch, but grub, too. (That seems insane for anyone who has multi-boot machines; I must have misread a web page, or otherwise be confused somehow ....)

Yes. Read

http://fedoramagazine.wordpress.com/2008/10/21/interview-fedora-10s-better-startup/

Rahul