Replace F9 Network Manager with old network initializer

I just got the openSUSE 11 Bible and looked immediately for info on
NetworkManager, which I found on page 440. There is stated that NM is
primarily for wireless, while traditional network configuration should
be used for wired networks. Since I have a wired system, NM is probably
not right for me.  What do I need to do to replace network manager with
the tradional method of configuring networks on F9?

(Note: so far as I have determined, Network Manager is not discussed at
all in the Fedora F9 Bible except for a note on page 19 saying that
NetworkManager is now the default for F9. Please correct me (with page
numbers) if I am wrong about that).

Thanks.