Re: Fedora 9 32 or 64 Bit - Which One?

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> On all the benchmarks I've seen, 64-bit clearly wins, and there are several
> explanations for that, in particular:

I like how you keep saying "all the benchmarks" and keep not linking to
a single one.

For the average desktop user, 64-bit has little or no benefit and is not
worth the hassles of dealing with incompatible proprietary code (and
yes, there is a hassle).  See for instance
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=616&num=2, where most
benchmarks showed a small (probably not statistically signficant)
increase, with one equally small decrease.

Matt Flaschen