X over a reverse SSH tunnel

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 26 15:22:39 UTC 2008

Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can ssh to my work PC, that runs Fedora, from home by using a reverse
> ssh tunnel, this is because the VPN software does not work on Linux. Can
> anyone explain to me how i can connect to the X server on the work PC from
> my home machine by using the same reverse tunnel method? Ideally i'd like
> to have it as simple as having a 'remote desktop' type affair.
>
> I can install anything i like so would something like VNC work?
>
> thanks

*

 Goto   http://www.nomachine.com/download-package.php?Prod_Id=4
and download: rpms
Client
Node
Server

If there are any routers involved be sure they direct  "port 22" to the
box you want to log onto.
This software works right out of the box, the only settings you have to
change is the IP to remote box and passwords. As long as your sshd is
running you'll have no problems.
I have found this version of NX works better than freeNX
*