desktop cpuspeed

Hei, List!
I'm running Fedora 7 on an old computer. It's Celeron 510 MHz with 256 MB RAM. I use it in a scientific laboratory for temperature controlling. (There's a simple program that sets the temperature of heater in polymer films orientation machine) Since it's the only computer in the laboratory I'm interested in speed it up for simple tasks of text editing and WEB browsing. I would like to do it not so slow. Looking for a bit more RAM for it but useless yet - can't find DIM memory anywhere. What is possible to do, I suppose, is to speed up its CPU frequency. I could not find this option in BIOS. There's some record about processor but I can't change there anything. Then I was trying to speed it up using cpuspeed program. But useless. I've seen somewhere while googling 'cpuspeed usage' that it utility is only for laptops. So, here's my question: how to speed up my CPU?
Thanks in advance.

--
Hiisi