Re: desktop cpuspeed

> using cpuspeed program. But useless. I've seen somewhere while googling
> 'cpuspeed usage' that it utility is only for laptops. So, here's my
> question: how to speed up my CPU?

Swap it for a faster one - not that it is likely to help.

A better strategy might be to replace the standard Gnome or KDE desktop
software with something more sane and reasonable like Xfce, abiword
instead of open office, claws instead of evolution and possibly look at
web browser alternatives to firefox.