Newbie with Login Issues

Hey,

I'm a bit of a newb, so please forgive me in advance.   I'm running Fedora 8 on a home-brew P4 2.8 with 1 gig of ram.  I am trying to run Adobe's Flash Media Server, and I was in the middle of streaming, we get like 15 minutes in it the connection from the encoder goes dead.   The box it's self is alive and everything, I even have internet connectivity, but when I ping the box, it wont respond...  So I reset it.

On the way back up, the Sendmail service decides it's gonna not start. So I interactive boot, I dont need it, when it fully booted, I stopped it and a few other services.

All is well now except that every like 10 minutes (we're normally streaming by this time) the box is unreachable and we restart and now login takes a serious 15 minutes...

ANY IDEAS?

I'm at a loss..

Thanks.

Billy Gedney