Re: 16GB USB Drive Not Accessible

Christopher A. Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 00:23 -0500, Robert Nichols wrote:
Christopher A. Williams wrote:

Now, one last question: what's the flag to format a FAT32 partition with
mkfs? I saw options for pretty much everything but that. I'm probably
just suffering from not having had my first cup of coffee... :)

The manpage for mkfs has some suggestions in the "SEE ALSO" section.
You have your choice of:

     mkfs -t vfat
     mkfs.vfat
     mkdosfs
     mkfs.msdos

The last 3 are all hard links to the same program.  The first is just a
wrapper that invokes the mkfs.xxxx appropriate to the requested type.

                Do NOT delete it.