54 GB in /var/log!! -- UPDATE

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Oct 28 17:09:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 16:36 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

> 	Poking around, I can't tell# CUPS whether what I got into was
> CUPS or not. $ cups, $ CUPS, # cups, and # CUPS all get "command not
> found." (rpm -q does tell me I have cups-1.3.9-1.fc9.i386)
>
> 	So I started looking in the Main Menu. The likeliest launcher,
> afaict, points to /usr/bin/system-config-printer; is that it? I hit the
> usual glass wall with that -- asking me things in jargon, as if being
> English words made their technical sense plain.

Menu/System/Administration/Printing (which is same as
system-config-printer)

You can go both/two ways from the menu I think..

1 - Select on Server/Settings and look for "Publish shared printers..."
and check it.

2 - Find your printer, right click on it, and should be a menu with
"shared" and a box to check/uncheck.

You should have to save/reactivate or something afterwards.  That should
get your going or at least close.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org