Re: 54 GB in /var/log!! -- UPDATE

Beartooth wrote:
I'd like to pipe that into top, or some such, to make it display only the files of 100K and up; but trying to read the man page for top, as usual for powerful commands, makes me think of standing at the foot of a huge cliff of ice
How about looking at the largest 30 files and directories there sorted by size in megabytes?

cd /var/log
du -ms * | sort -rn | head -n 30

Chris

--
  "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know
  they shall never sit in" - Greek Proverb