Re: X over a reverse SSH tunnel

Jim wrote:

The nicest thing for remote GUI work is freenx, using the NX client that you can download from http://www.nomachine.com. You can connect using only port 22 so your firewall probably already permits it and remote performance is much better than vnc.

NO , it isn't.

NX/freenx always performs better for me, except perhaps for the initial screen draw and I use it over a local lan, remote cablemodem, and an assortment of slower remote connections. What are the circumstances where vnc works better for you?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com