Re: Fedora 9 64 bis

Alan Cox wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:05:24 +1100
hce <webmail hce gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I've just installed Fedora 9 64 bit on an Intel PC i686. Is there an
enviirnment macro I can check on a makefile to find it is a 64 bit OS?

You can ask the system itself: uname -a

Uh, more like "uname -m".  On a 32-bit machine:

	[root testbox ~]# uname -m
	i686

On a 64-bit machine:

	[root prophead ~]# uname -m
	x86_64

-         Microsoft Windows:  Proof that P.T. Barnum was right       -