Re: password question.

Steven W. Orr wrote:
Under F9, I want to create an account such that the user will be required to change the password on login, but I don't have control over how soon (or late) the user will get to that first login. Is there a way to do it? The passwd command didn't look like it had anything useful.

You can use "usermod -f -1 -e YYYY-MM-DD

The "-f -1" says that the account is never locked, but the "-e
YYYY-MM-DD" says "the password expired on year YYYY, month MM and day
DD".  If you set that to today, e.g.

	usermod -f -1 -e 2008-10-28 fred

user fred will have to change his password on the next login.  See
"man usermod" for details.
-  Memory is the second thing to go, but I can't remember the first! -