Re: password question.

Aldo Foot wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Steven W. Orr <steveo syslang net> wrote:
Under F9, I want to create an account such that the user will be required to
change the password on login, but I don't have control over how soon (or
late) the user will get to that first login. Is there a way to do it? The
passwd command didn't look like it had anything useful.

TIA

as root at the CLI:
      # chage -d 01/01/1970 <someUser>
The user will be prompted to change his password next login.

Yeah, that works too.  Rats!  Why couldn't I remember that one!  Yet
another senior moment at work!
-         Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?        -