Re: FEDORA net etiquette

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 12:55 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:49:36 -0500
> "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:
>
> >  I can not "prove" that an unsigned message did not
> > come from me, but I would hope an unsigned message posted to the
> > list would cause people to take a closer look at it.

> Wouldn't an examination of the message headers accomplish much the same thing?
> Assuming that the "imposter" isn't using the same mailserver as you are, of
> course.

	Headers can be forged and people do not check headers (they are not
obvious).  If you sign your messages, they know they came from you.  If
you are religious about it, they can trust that the others probably did
NOT come from you.

> --
> DRY CLEANER BUSINESS FOR SALE ~ http://www.canadadrycleanerforsale.com

	Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 985-6132 |  mhw WittsEnd com