How can we get exact look and feel of redhat7.3(like fonts and all those things) for fedora

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 22:14:12 UTC 2008

"Macho Megastar" <machomegastar at gmail.com> writes:
>     I  just copied all fonts from redhat 7.3  and moved them to fedora
> system and restared font server but still I am not able to get the
> same look and feel  and fonts of redaht 7.3.
>
> Thanks
> --Venkat

I might add that RH7.3 was based upon GTK1, as I recall, whereas Fedora
is based upon GTK2 (presuming GNOME). The whole look and feel of the
GUI, not to mention the use of anti-aliased fonts, are going to be quite
different.

There are very few native applications that are still running GTK1,
these days.

You might be able to just disable anti-aliased fonts in the relevant
settings, change the fonts and get something close, but the underlying
GTK widgets, etc. are going to be quite different.

Why take a major step backwards?

Marc Schwartz