FONTS

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Wed Oct 29 14:12:16 UTC 2008

On Wed October 29 2008 9:34:33 am David Hláčik wrote:
> I have tried to set DPI to 109pix (which has my notebook's LCD
> display) , set to subpixel smoothing, installed
> freetype-freeworld, but fonts are still ugly. Is it that my
> notebook's LCD is not good?

I have no idea. Do you have access to a fast internet connection?
Another thing you could try if bandwidth is no issue, is to
download a couple of other distros and see if they display any
better - I would suggest PCLinuxOS because of its configuration
tools and one of the Ubuntu flavors...
Are you certain that the native resolution of your laptop's LCD
is 1400X900? Usually, it would be 1440X900 or 1400X1050
What model laptop is it?

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA