Re: FEDORA net etiquette

Tim:
>> What I saw was more than "8 characters", did you mean something else?

g:
> as i said, '8'. when prompted for entry, i entered 8 characters.

Well, the sample you supplied was certainly more than 8 characters long.
Prompted for entry into what?

>> And it really should be MIME in this day and age

> mime is a waste.

No, not at all.  With MIME you get information on content encoding
and/or content type, identification of the different parts, etc.  With
other schemes you get random text you have to guess at.  We've moved
beyond the always-been-hopelessly-inadequate-from-the-start 7-bit text
mail, years and years ago.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686