Re: httpd access problems

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 10:52 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I can read them just fine with FF, going to the exact same web address
> you would use: <http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/nitros9>
>
> But apparently (some) others cannot.

I just had a look, and some files in there are forbidden (cc3io.dis),
others load (e.g. the make).  Which leads me to wonder about:

Permissions &/or SELinux contexts on individual files.  Whatever the
user and group permissions, the world permissions need to be world
readable, and world executable for directories (all parent directories,
right back to /).  And there must be an appropriate httpd SELinux
context.

Are these files actually there, or are they elsewhere, and these are
symlinks to them?

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686