54 GB in /var/log!! -- UPDATE

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Wed Oct 29 21:07:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:11:39 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
	[...]
>> 	Wait a minute! After long enough looking at that like a poleaxed
>> ox, I suddenly see a sense it might make. Are you saying I can have
>> four tabs in the same browser *on the same machine* open to CUPS on all
>> four??
>>
> Yes.
>> 	I tried substituting some current LAN IP numbers for 127.0.0.1,
>> and got this every time from Firefox :
>>
> You have to turn on remote administration first.

	Oho the First; I was trying to be too paranoid.

> Go to http://localhost:631/admin on each machine - you should only have
> to do this once. Make sure all these check boxes are checked on the
> machine with the printer attached:
>
> Share published printers connected to this system Allow printing from
> the Internet

	Oho the Second : that need not mean some script kiddie can run my
printer dry printing gibberish??

> On every machine that you want to administer from another machine, make
> sure the "Allow remote administration" box is checked. You may also have
> to open port 631 in the firewall.

	The boxes are checked; lst's hope I don't have to tinker with the
firewalls.

> On all the machines that do NOT have the printer attached, make sure the
> "Show printers shared by other systems" box is checked.

	Are you saying it should *not* be checked on the one *with* the
printer??