Re: OT: find command permissions: how to exclude dir?

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Rick Stevens <ricks nerd com> wrote:
> Dave Burns wrote:
>> at least give me a hint what to do or what to google for.
>
> .gvfs is a virtual filesystem and doesn't follow normal filesystem
> semantics (witness the fact the size of it is zero).

So... It is not a directory with a virtual filesystem mounted at that
mountpoint? Or ... If I managed to unmount it, it would look normal?

> find can't
> traverse it if you aren't the owner as the callbacks and such used when
> referencing it only exist in the owner's Gnome instance.

Sounds like you're saying "yep, you've got a problem." Is there a way
to tell find not to go there? '! -name' and -prune did me no good.

mahalo,
Dave