Re: OT: find command permissions: how to exclude dir?

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:27:32 -1000
> check whether .gvfs is a mounted
> filesystem (it probably is).

Yep.

> Why can root not access it?
> Perhaps because there is no read permission in the mount point?

I created an identical directory with identical permissions, root and
find have no problem with that one. I think the key was mentioned by
Todd - 'the callbacks and such used when referencing it only exist in
the owner's Gnome instance.' Which I take it to mean, when find (as
root) calls some low-level routine, bad things happen.

So... bro has no suggestion for a workaround?

mahalo,
Dave