Re: extra harddisk on RAID5

> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:32:55 +0200, Stuart Sears <stuart sjsears com>
> wrote:
>
> So in one word I need extra space and a spare disk.

Okay, this is old but I did not see any reply so I figured I would give it
a shot.

First, you need to do one of the two things with this new disk.

1)  Add space to your array.
        ---OR---
2)  Add a spare for your array.

Personally, I would suggest you buy two more drives.  Then you can have a
5 disk array and one "hot" spare.  At a minimum, I believe you would need
one more disk to do both of the tasks that you desire.

---
Will Y.

believed to be clean.