Re: How to create a button on my task bar to create an xterm?

On Wed October 29 2008 11:40:59 pm Steven W. Orr wrote:

> Under Core 4, I used to be able to pull somethingf up called kcontrol to

> set kde settings? I don't see that anymore. Is it gone?

kcontrol is gone replaced by system settings which is a work in progress - it appears on the first page of the kickoff menu

> Also, I had a button I made for myself in the taskbar to create an xterm

> or run emacs. That ability to right-click on the task bar and create a

> button for a non-KDE app seems to now be gone. Is there a way to now do

> this?

use the menu editor to create a menu-item for xterm or whatever - once you've created it, right-click on the new item in your menu and select 'add to panel'

--

Claude Jones

Brunswick, MD, USA