F10 on eeepc 901

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 30 14:45:49 UTC 2008

fred smith wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've been playing with the latest F10 beta (live CD) on my eeepc 901.
>
> Most things seem to be working well: it finds the correct screen resolution
> (which is 1024x600, definitely not one of the common settings before the
> mini laptop craze began, and many live CDs don't set it right);

We automatically selec the right background resolution specifically
created for netbooks.

  it finds
> the wired network without trouble and automatically starts it once the
> cable is plugged in (I assume Network Manger is doing that for me).

Correct.

> Wireless isn't working because, I assume, it doesn't have a ralink
> rt2860sta driver. I know I could compile my own, and there have been
> reports of people using ndiswrapper. But it'd be nice if the Fedora gang
> could squeeze it into an upcoming release.

It won't go into Fedora directly but rpmfusion does include both
ndiswrapper as well as the ralink kernel module in the "free" repository.

> Haven't yet played with audio, webcam, microphone, so don't know their
> status.

Would you mind checking these and letting us know?

> But overall it seems to run pretty well! My thanks for the entire Fedora
> team for this release,... it looks like it's gonna be good!

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback.

Rahul