Re: Fedora 9 Issues:

On 10/28/2008 09:42 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 21:44 +0000, vohnmaxwell bellsouth net wrote:
Seeing that there seems to be a consensus building that I have an
installation issue, the prudent course of action would be to back up
my files - pictures, documents etc. and reload with a clean Fedora 9
package.   Would you concur?
yes
This brings up another issue. Normally when I help people install Linux o their systems at installfests, I normally recommend a separate /home directory so they can do fresh installs without the need for explicitly backing up and restoring. (Although doing periodic backups is something everyone SHOULD do, but not all of us do :-). I would certainly concur with Aaron that you do a fresh install. If you review the partition settings, I would set the root directory to format so it is cleaned out, but I would also set up a separate /home, but that is certainly up to you.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf blu org>
Boston Linux and Unix