Re: Ubuntu Ibex offers choice of KDE4.1.2 or KDE3.5.10... and kernel-2.6.27.

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
Linuxguy123 wrote:
I know a bunch of people are going to chime in and say "Fedora isn't for
you" and "Its a bleeding edge distribution", etc.  I think those are
just excuses for a developer community that wants to do it own thing
irregardless of what users actually want.

Why should they do what "users actually want", when that's totally
different from the purpose of the distro.  It's like going to McDonald's
and complaining that they don't offer lobster.  You're missing the point.

McDonald's has a price factor that might make it attractive - and they give away toys. When the choice is among free linux distributions, what is the point of making one into something users don't want?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com