best fedora-out-of-the-box pcmcia wifi?

Tony Placilla aplacil1 at jhuadig.admin.jhu.edu
Fri Oct 31 12:16:20 UTC 2008

<loom.20081031T093533-430 at post.gmane.org>, Mike <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:

> Matthew Miller <mattdm <at> mattdm.org> writes:
>
>> Does anyone have a recommendation for a modern PCMCIA/PC Card wifi card
>> which just works out of the box with recent Fedora? I can download a
>
> I have an old laptop that I use with a usb wifi dongle - made by Edimax - I
> know
> that is not PCMCIA but this usb dongle just plugs in, boot the machine and
> it
> works... nothing extra needed...it uses the RT73usb module that is already
> in
> the kernel, and is painless.
>
> I don't have the detailed spec to hand but I can get it over the weekend if
> you
> need it.

Based upoin a similar question I posted to this list about a month ago I purchased an Edimax PCI wireless for my kid's workstation & later got the USB dongle ( EW-7318USg) for my craptop.
It Just Works(tm)

The *easiest* wireless I've ever done & they are a linux-friendly company.

I've not tried it but the EW-7108PCg cardbus shows the same supported features

http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=5&pl1_id=1&pl2_id=44