Re: Installing a RPM

James Wilkinson wrote:
Jim wrote:
I got OpenOffice-3.0-rpm from Open Office.
I was thinking, would a rpm install of openoffice from the rawhide repo work, to install OOo-3 in FC8.
That way you could get all dependencies .

Unfortunately, those dependencies would include a lot of Rawhide. You’d
be running an untested amalgam of F8 and what will become F10. It will
probably work, but you’ll get little sympathy or advice if things don’t
work well.

Hope this helps,

James.

Yes I have found that out.
I'am resign to the fact that I'll have to wait for the release of  FC10.