Re: Fedora vs RedHat

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
Are you working simply to improve your computer?  I thought the machines
were supposed to work for us.

Some people like to explore the way machines work, and modify them,
rather then just use them. If we didn't have people that like to
"tinker", would we have Linux?

Tinkering or not isn't quite the point. Of course things can always be improved and a certain number of backwards-incompatible changes are going to be needed to fix earlier mistakes or bad designs. The question is more whether the tinkering is a means towards the end of better stability or usability or an end to itself. If you are working to get something usable, you want long, smooth transitions from betas with major differences through their useful productive lives with considerable overlap between versions so you can tinker with a new test copy while the old one continues to deliver value in production. If you don't really have a use for the finished product, I guess it wouldn't matter.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com