Ello, I'm sort of new to the lists...is it best to install from livecd?

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 2 13:18:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 08:49 -0400, Travis Arnold wrote:
> Erm I've been using ubuntu recently but would like to use fedora, but am
> not sure how to install, is it best to use live cd, or the dvd install
> medium?  Also how can I have a seperate home directory? the LVM section
> in the partitioning menu scared me off, I still have the live cd
> downloaded, but not the dvd, shall I just download that instead?
>
> Thank you
>
> Travis

If you use the dvd approach, just before you are going to partition
using the GUI that installes LVM do this:
1. type: ctl-alt-F2 - which will take you toa terminal.
2. execute : fdisk /dev/sdx <- x is a, b.etc depending on your disks
3. Partition your disk.
4. type: ctl-alt-f7 (it may be f6 or f8) which will take you back to the
installer.
5, Continue installation without LVM.
I'm sorry if the correct way of doing things offends you.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net