Ello, I'm sort of new to the lists...is it best to install from livecd?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 2 13:41:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 09:15 -0400, Travis Arnold wrote:
> so I don't even have to use LVM?  That is so nice to know.  I've
> looked around on Fedorasolved and I see the article about moving /home
> but is there another write up possibly dealing with how to instal
> l with out LVM?  the interface doesn't(to me at least) seem quite as
> intuitive if one doesn't want to go with the defualt sheme.

You can delete the LVM partitions it sets up by default (volume groups
and logical volumes), and create what you want, in the "manually
partition" stage of the installation.  Have a play around with the
partition editor.

Or, you can pre-partition before installation, then just pick the
partitions to use with what mount points, during the manually partition
stage of the installation.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686