Fedora home server using core 9

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Sep 2 14:54:02 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

>> One small advantage (well actually quite large for me)
>> with CentOS is that if you are running a Dell server
>> [I got one a few months ago when they had an absurdly cheap offer]
>> then CentOS is actually the recommended OS,
>> and you can get automatic Dell upgrades, etc, if you run CentOS
>> (as well as the usual CentOS updates).
> ----
> I seriously doubt that you would have experienced many differences with
> scientificlinux.

Well, there would have been one big difference in my case.
It is not on the list of approved OS's for my Dell server,
so I could not have used it in place of CentOS even if I wanted to.

The only OS's listed, IIRC, are CentOS and Windows Server.
I tried Windows XP and Fedora, but neither were accepted.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net