Fedora 9 Freeze At Login

landon kelsey landonmkelsey at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:30:01 UTC 2008

speaking of freeze:::

I have seen a tooltip on the taskbar icons literally stop/freeze a desktop process such as vi!

Sometimes getting rid of the tooltip requires (get this) unplugging/replugging my flash memory stick!

Sometimes hitting the keys Ctrl-Alt does the trick.

Other wise power down/up!

All this began with F9/KDE 4.0.5

Sometimes the tooltip flashes!