When will Yum updates be working again?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Sep 3 13:07:17 UTC 2008

Bill Crawford wrote:

>>> It's been answered, just not with a specific time, which is obviously
>>> what everyone wants, but ... "sometime" is still an answer.
>>
>> You are easily satisfied.
>> If you asked what time the plane leaves,
>> and you were told "Sometime",
>> would you find that a completely acceptable answer?
>
> I might accept "the plane won't be leaving for a while because we have
> discovered a serious fault, and the engineers have to manually check
> each and every seat and oxygen mask for it before we can announce it
> may depart". It might not make me happy, but it's an answer.

May I say that I have nothing but admiration
for the bods at Fedora who are obviously working long and hard
to solve a problem that was not of their making.

But someone asked the question, "When will yum update be running again?",
and I simply pointed out that "Sometime" is not an answer to this question.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net