Fedora home server using core 9

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Sep 3 18:29:20 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

>> (3) If ScientificLinux runs a web-page that fails in Firefox,
>> I put the fault down to ScientificLinux.
>
> It didn't fail in firefox; you told firefox you didn't trust them and
> firefox responded according to your wishes.  No error was involved -
> unless you did want to see the page.

I didn't tell Firefox anything.
I clicked on the advertised URL and was told there was a Page Error.

My immediate thought was that if ScientificLinux expect me
to jump through hoops to view their web-page
then they are unlikely to place ease of use
high on their list of priorities -
a view that was strengthened by glancing at their documentation.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net