IPSEC Roadwarrior-configuration

Dan Koehler darthbulk at warp-7.com
Thu Sep 4 18:18:12 UTC 2008

At 12:37 PM 9/4/2008, you wrote:

>Bonsoir,
>
>i try to set up my laptop as a roadwarrior for ipsec. i found some
>documentation online about host2host or network2network-connections,
>but all this seems to need fixed ip's.
>
>does somebody know about config for ipsec with dynamic ips?
>
>thanks for any help/doc/hints/...
>
>Roger
>
>btw. i already use openvpn, so this is no alternative (even if it is
>already a good choice, but i wanna give ipsec a try, as i did not find
>out, how to start openvpn with network-manager while startup.)

Are you looking to set up the server end of the IPSEC connection as
well, or just the laptop?  Which IPSEC implementation are you
using?  I have been researching this using Openswan on the server,
and Microsoft's L2TP client on the laptop (if the laptop runs
Windows).  The book "Building And Integrating Virtual Private
Networks With Openswan" by Wouters and Bantoft helps with setting up
the server end of things, but seems to be lacking in how to set up
the roadwarrior part of the connection (if using Windows).  If you
are using Linux on the Laptop as well, then this book will help
you.  There are keywords you can use in your setup file that take
care of the dynamic IP addressing.

--
SCANNED for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner.