[Fwd: Fedora 8 and 9 updates status]-correction

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 7 20:19:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 15:08 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 08:36 +0100, Tony Molloy wrote:
> > On Sunday 07 September 2008 07:49:18 David C. Chipman wrote:

> > > 	Hi Bruno,
> > >
> > > 		I'm trying to take your advice about changing $arch to
> > > $arch.newkey, and it doesn't make any difference. *Where* exactly
> > > should the changes be made? I modified the fedora.repo and
> > > fedora-updates.repo files, with no change. Thanks,
> > >
> > > 			-David Chipman
> >

> > In the fedora-updates repo change the baseurl to:
> >
> > baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/
> > i386.newkey
> >
> > Please use a mirror rather than download.fedora
> >
> > I'm currently doing an update on a test laptop and the download size is 1.2Gb
> >
> > Tony
> >
> Using that change, yum updates almost woks. I am getting notices of
> pending updates. But I get a missing dependency that says
> xine-lib-extras-1.12...   depends on xine-lib(plugin ab) which makes no
> sense from a naming standpoint and it can't be found. So far I proceeded
> further by removing the xine-lib-extras rpm and redoing yum update.
> Also the current xine-libs are 1.15 not 1.12 for what eveer that is
> worth.
>
> Any thoughts  out there?

There was a mistake in my post the miwssing dependency was:

Error: Missing Dependency: xine-lib(plugin-abi) = 1.21 is needed by
package xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.12-1.lvn9.i386 (installed)

It is still missing and xine-lib-extras-nonfree-1.1.12 cannot be
installed because of it. Likewise thwew xine-lib rppms installed were
1.1.15-1 and were Fedora rpms rather than Livna rpms.