Fetchmail + Sendmail for local users ??

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Sep 8 10:42:39 UTC 2008

Zylogue wrote:

> This looks like it will be a great solution for my needs, as well.
> However, I need to be able to respond/reply to messages from a variety of
> accounts and still have the sent message going out the correct account.
> This is for internal e-mail accounts that I have in some monitored
> customer's networks and for mailing lists.
>
> How could this be handled sensibly?

I'm beginning to sound as if I set myself up as some sort of expert
on dovecot/IMAP, which I am far from being.

But dovecot stores email in different folders,
and I would have thought it would be easy enough (eg with procmail)
to save mail in the appropriate folder.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net