KDE 4.1: Unacceptable ! Was: whew ! That is more like it ! Folderview and panel questions...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Sep 10 18:43:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 12:24 -0600, linuxguy wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 11:14 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> I can't begin to explain what a letdown F9 has been, between the KDE
> fiasco and the update security issue.  This is totally unlike any other
> RH/F experience I have ever had.
----
This has been thrashed ad nauseam on the list.

There is the philosophy expressed by Eric Raymond of 'The Cathedral and
the Bazaar' which advocates release early and often to push development
down the line...

http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with KDE in its current state but it is
improving. Perhaps the 'leading edge' is not what you are seeking.

Craig