PPC Dependency Issues in mock

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:31:26 UTC 2008

I'm trying to use mock to test building packages on architectures I
don't have access to (PPC and PPC64), but am running into some
trouble.  Using an unmodified config file, mock -r fedora-9-ppc --init
is giving me a lot of dependency errors, starting with Missing
Dependency: perl(Getopt::Long), and getting worse with things like
Missing Dependency: /bin/sh and Missing Dependency: /bin/bash.
Obviously, since I can't even get bash installed, I can't shell into
the chroot to look around.  Any idea what's wrong?  I have changed my
default config (for i386) to use local repo mirrors.

Thanks,
=-Jameson