microphone not recording

JoaoCid no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Thu Sep 11 05:41:25 UTC 2008

Hi!
I've been trying and trying to put my mic to work with FC8, but still didn't reach any success...
The sound output seems to be working fine, as I am able to hear it from the apps I've tried so far, including Skype! But still no success at all with recording in Skype, Audacity or console arecord...
After getting through several similar issues on the web, I am almost quitting, but something here called my attention: the usage of alsamixer (console version), as I was supposed to see mic and boost when capture was selected, but I am not seeing nothing!
Maybe you guys, with much more experience than me, could give me some hints on how to go a bit further in order to cast this problem out, for which I thank you in anticipation.
By the way, the sound-card is an Intel built-in...
Again, thanks
João

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=288763&topic_id=59318&forum=10#forumpost288763
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame joao.cid at sapo.pt.