Why do I always get fedora.tu-chemnitz.de as first mirror?

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 11 14:14:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

mirrors.fedoraproject.org states:

> This list is dynamically generated every hour, listing only up-to-date
> mirrors.

But in fact it is not. There is no .newkey folder. That would be ok, if
just could pick another mirror. But how would I do that without having
to modify my yum configuration (I know, I _could_ use baseurl, but a
mirrorlist is a fine thing)?

This question is important only because I could update the expected
large chunk at my work-LAN with about 17MB/s download speed.

regards

christoph